Why you should tell the agent who you are when entering an open home

first_imgA family inspects a home.WHEN visiting an open home and you are asked to register your details, you should oblige the agent as they are the custodian of the home in the sellers absence, and need to be able to tell the seller who was in their property. Some buyers are reluctant to give their details for fear that they will be “hounded” by the agent. In today’s world of technology, most agents will register their visitors via a software which does a couple of things immediately. Firstly it saves our trees. Secondly it will instantly send you a text to your mobile phone acknowledging your visitation and automatically provide you with the link to show you photos, information and a floor plan of the house. More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020Thirdly, specifically for the buyers who do not want to be “hounded”, there is a box we tick while you are standing there which says you do not want to be contacted regarding the property. Only a fool of an agent would not honour that instruction from the buyers.In the case of an auction, when buyers register to bid they must show proof of identity, such as a driver’s licence. I firmly believe it won’t be long before open homes have the same government requirement. I personally have no problem with supplying some form of ID to view an open home, and do so quite often.I am certain that when – and if – the agent is fortunate enough to list one of the visitors homes for sale (which happens regularly after an open home) the new seller would want to know exactly who had gone through their property. So the next time an agent asks you to register when you visit an open home please remember that they are just doing their job.Be sure to let them know if you don’t want to be contacted concerning the property when you leave.last_img read more

The little black dress of fitness

first_img Share Sharing is caring! HealthLifestyle The little black dress of fitness by: – April 1, 2011 Share By Jacque Wilson,CNN It’s 7:20 a.m. and Carl Daikeler hasn’t worked out yet. Not a big deal for the 49% of Americans who don’t exercise regularly, but it’s going to bother him all day.The problem is the CEO of Beachbody, the company behind P90X and Insanity, doesn’t like to work out. So much so that he sometimes has to “trick” himself into the gym. Like the time he decided he couldn’t brush his teeth before he worked out for at least 10 minutes. That little ploy inspired Beachbody’s 10-Minute Trainer program.The fitness industry is constantly coming up with similar tricks to get more of us off the couch, Daikeler said.The result is a rotation of incoming and outgoing trends — from Jane Fonda’s VHS tapes in the early ’80s to Beachbody’s DVD programs that are popular today.Daikeler compares fitness to fashion. “Somebody starts wearing a certain shoe in Milan or Japan and suddenly everybody wants to wear it,” he said. “It doesn’t just solve the problem — like shoes cover your feet. It makes you feel like it’s (a part of) your identity.”Starla Kay teaches youth video classes at the Indiana Black Expo in Indianapolis. She has a 19-month-old son and not a lot of time for a workout program that doesn’t work.She tried kickboxing, aerobics and just going to the gym, but nothing really stuck until she got one of this year’s hot trends, P90X.“This is the first actual program I’ve done,” she said. “I feel stronger. I feel like I have more energy. I’ve lost 9 pounds so far.”The American College of Sports Medicine publishes a yearly survey of the top worldwide fitness trends. The top 10 list for 2011 includes boot camps and programs aimed at older adults.Trends depend on many factors, said the survey’s lead author, Walt Thompson. Take Pilates, which dropped off the survey’s list from No. 9 last year. Thompson believes the economy made Pilates equipment and specialized instructors too expensive for clubs to maintain. He’s not sure if Pilates will make a return to the top 20, but he doesn’t expect a few of this year’s trends to stick around long.“The problem with the high-intensity kind of programs is that they deliver a punch like severe weight loss programs do, but they’re difficult to comply with in the long haul,” he said.Remember the slide board? Tae Bo? Step aerobics? All trends Houston, Texas, YMCA senior program director Karen Behrend has seen come and go in her 28 years of teaching group fitness.“The reason why programs like that don’t stick is because they’re too hard to do,” she said. “The things that really stick are programs that cross over multiple (ability) levels.”Kay said when she first attempted the P90X DVD program it was “too much” so she dropped it after two weeks. But when she started attending a class with an instructor who taught her how to modify the moves, she found herself returning six days a week at 7 a.m.Behrend cites classes like Zumba, body pump and spinning as success stories. They’re consistent, easy to follow and include that always important element of fun.“They make people feel successful,” IDEA Fitness Journal Editor-in-chief Sandy Todd Webster said. “That’s a huge key in good programming is to make people feel like ‘Wow, I get it.’ ”IDEA is the world’s largest association for fitness and wellness professionals. It also does a yearly survey of fitness trends. This year, aerobics, water fitness and martial arts-based classes had the largest decline in popularity. Dance and boot camp classes showed the largest growth.“Think Jazzercise classes — they’re fun. They combine good music, easy choreography (and) social aspects,” Webster said.Jazzercise is one of those trends that stuck. Judi Sheppard Missett founded the company in 1969 and the dance-based classes are still popular across the world. In fact, Entrepreneur Magazine recently named Jazzercise 2011’s most successful fitness franchise.“It’s not like you can take a six-week course and be fit the rest of your life,” Missett said. “It’s really good that people are coming up with different ways to move. I’m happy for anybody doing anything, anything that gets them off the couch and on their feet.”She continues to choreograph routines to approximately 30 new songs every 10 weeks to keep her high member retention rate.It is the beauty and curse of the industry, Behrend said. Old trends evolve into new ones, forcing gyms to stay cutting edge, but keeping customers excited about working out.“The trick only lasts so long,” Daikeler said, going back to his fashion analogy. “The best designers aren’t looking for trends; the best designers set the trends. Will this capture a market audience or is this like Lady Gaga’s meat dress?”Daikeler said he just hopes whatever the industry comes up with next is the end of the biggest trend in America right now: obesity.center_img 121 Views   no discussions Share Tweetlast_img read more

New Portsmouth Mayor calls for more government support

first_imgMayor Mr Cleave St. JeanNewly elected Mayor of Portsmouth, local businessman Cleave Glen St. Jean has called on the government to provide more support to the Council.He said government will continue to contribute to contribute financially to the development of the area.“Government has the responsibility to assist us in our effort. Note what I said. We don’t expect central government to do everything for us however they must recognized that greater assistance is needed. We appreciate the assistance that they have given in the past, we also appreciate the efforts that government and the pal-rep has made in getting some of the road repaired, housing issues addressed and tourism projects implemented, however there is still a lot more to be done,” he said.According to St. Jean, “we know that we have a responsibility to find alternatives to obtain funding for project that we need to undertaken however we may need to call on Government for Help.He said Cabinet may also have to increase the council’s allowance.“Be assured we will be knocking at your door. Our fist knock could be for greater assistance in reducing the council’s debt and purchasing a small truck,” he added.Roy Case, Murphy Wallace, Samuel Williams, Peter Patrickson Royer, Shagan Peire-Louis Errol Hill, Iroy Brokes, William Mc Lawrence and Jeff Frank are the other members of the council.Meantime Parliamentary Representative for Portsmouth Ian Douglas has called for the formation of a business associate in the area.He told the 15th Inaugural Meeting of the Portsmouth Town Council Thursday night that the formation of a business associate will go a long way in enhancing doing business in Portsmouth.He said many communities have left Portsmouth behind in that regard.“We have spoken about that for the longest while. Just as Roseau has the DAIC, I believe its time Portsmouth businessmen should get together and form a Portsmouth Business Association. I sat at a meeting at Ross and I could feel the absence of a Landlord Association. If we had such an association, we could stand up in unity because it is said that with unity there is strength,” Douglas said.Dominica Vibes News Share Share LocalNews New Portsmouth Mayor calls for more government support by: – October 17, 2011 Tweetcenter_img Share Sharing is caring! 69 Views   no discussionslast_img read more

Rio 2016 Olympic Games: Judge orders venues shut on security grounds

first_img Promoted Content2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearTop Tastiest Foods From All Over The WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Who Earns More Than Ronaldo?10 Irresistibly Cute Albino Animals That Will Make You Day13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hoot10 Bollywood Celeb Weight Loss Transformations That Will Stun You7 Worst Things To Do To Your PhoneBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You A Brazilian court on Wednesday ordered that the 2016 Rio Olympic Games facilities be closed to the public over safety concerns. The Rio Games – the first to be held in South America – were heavily criticized for their extreme costs, estimated around $12.5 billion, and corruption scandals that surrounded the construction sites. A view of facilities built for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro — the first to be held in South America and heavily criticized for their high costs A Rio de Janeiro judge ruled in favor of closing the grounds after a request from the Rio prosecutor’s office asking for a ban on all major events at the facilities until authorities had seen certificates demonstrating their safety. The judge said the decision was to “preserve the security of the population,” noting that thousands of people regularly went to the venues for concerts or exhibitions. “This situation, in sites damaged by the lack of surveillance and with thousands of people present, can lead to tragedies,” Judge Eugenio Rosa de Araujo wrote in a decision seen by AFP.Advertisement Loading… center_img Read Also: Serena Williams, back in the wins, aims to end long Slam record quest Rio’s mayor’s office said the city would appeal the ruling. According to the prosecution, the federal entity responsible for managing the infrastructure of the Games “expired last June, which contributed to the state of abandonment of the premises, with equipment and electric cables stolen.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Magoha hints at possible change of school reopening dates

first_imgThis comes as Gilgil Member of Parliament Martha Wangari has raised concern over the implementation and credibility of the proposed community-based teaching programme by the Ministry of Education.Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153 Education Cabinet Secretary George Magoha as hinted at the possibility of a change in school reopening dates as the government monitors the number of COVID-19 infections.The Education CS was in Migori County to assess the state of preparedness by institutions of higher learning to reopen in the wake of the pandemic.Magoha pointed out the education sector has been held hostage owing to the pandemic but reiterated the government was exploring various options to ensure learning resumes.Also Read  Relief for families as MOH revises Covid-19 burial protocols According to the legislator, the programme is faced with challenges that may hinder its implementation.Also Read  MOH told to vacate, fumigate schools ahead of reopening“The CS for education is taking us in circles over the so-called community teaching programme as we have not been told where and how it will be carried out,” she said.Wangari highlighted that there was a need to address the readiness of parties involved in the implementation process.The Gilgil MP proposed to have candidates resume classes in preparation of the national exams.Also Read  Teachers to report back to school on Monday“We are happy that the numbers of positive cases are going down and many parents do not have fees to pay for an extra year and thus the need to allow the candidates back to class,” she said.This even as she decried the rising cases of teenage pregnancy and drug abuse attributed to learners staying at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.last_img read more

Local Schools receive STEM grants

first_imgIndianapolis, IN—The Indiana Department of Education recently announced recipients of K-12 STEM grants, which help certain districts accelerate, scale, or implement STEM curriculum. STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.In an effort to ensure a wide field of STEM practices for research purposes, a variety of awardees implementing various state and nationally recognized curriculum options were selected as grant recipients. IDOE received a total of 77 proposals for the competitive grant, with 34 school districts receiving Indiana’s STEM Acceleration Grant for the first time.Area school systems that received 2019 STEM Acceleration grants include Jennings County School Corporation, Jac-Cen-Del School Corporation, Greensburg Community School Corporation, and the South Dearborn Community School Corporation. A portion of the funds is used to improve elementary and secondary student participation in STEM-related projects.“A STEM education is vital to preparing our students for an ever-changing technological global economy,” said State Superintendent Dr. Jennifer McCormick. “I commend our awarded schools for their commitment to STEM and for their dedication to equipping students with the 21st-century skills necessary to thrive and be successful.”last_img read more

Indy 500 rescheduled to August 23

first_imgSPEEDWAY – The 104th running of the Indianapolis 500 has been rescheduled to August 23 due to the ongoing health crisis.Tickets purchased for the originally scheduled race date are automatically valid for the newly scheduled race date. Please retain them for use in August. The updated IMS schedule, including a new date for the GMR Grand Prix, can be viewed by visiting IMS.com/COVID19.“We’re confident we can deliver a world-class experience in August and are already working to do so. Making this announcement now gives everyone ample time to adjust and prepare for the new date. The new schedule will include many of the on-track activities that make the lead-up to the “500” so special. Fast Friday, Qualifying, Carb Day’s Pit Stop Competition and the Freedom 100 Indy Lights race will all take place, beginning with the first day of NTT INDYCAR SERIES practice on Wednesday, Aug. 12,” according to the press release.last_img read more

Hundreds compete in state karate championship at Tracy’s Karate Ju-Jitsu

first_imgELLSWORTH — Two hundred martial artists from Maine and Canada competed in the 35th annual Maine State Team Karate Championships on Oct. 29, hosted by Tracy’s Karate Ju-Jitsu.The contest marked the 99th martial arts tournament sponsored by Masters Dennis and Karen Tracy of Ellsworth, who have been holding competitions since 1977.Five members, including men, women and children, comprised each team. Teams competed in divisions of belt rank, and first-place finishers had to win at least six matches for the championship.The following teams were division winners:This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textFirst place Black Belt: Senseis Lincoln Johnson, Noah Jackins, Mike Giles (captain), Jenna Rice and Bob Hatch.First place under Black Belt: Wesley Trundy, Lance Kennedy, Austin Lozano, Zach Holcomb (captain) and Joel Philbrook.Second place under Black Belt: Ella Mercer, Alden Stutheit, Robert Buza, Keaton Stevens and Jane Pope (captain).College scholarships were presented to three young martial artists who are attending Husson University and studying criminal justice. Those recipients were Sensei Malorie Young of Bar Harbor and twins Dustin and Dylan Coty of Presque Isle.More than $100,000 in scholarships has been presented over the past 39 years by the Tracy’s Institute of Self Defense and the Maine Ketsugo & Karate Association to students pursuing a college education.The next scheduled Karate Ju-Jitsu tournament is scheduled for April 30, 2016, at Bucksport High School.last_img read more

Sinclairs, Sukwah steer Lower Corentyne to 2019 Jaguars 50 Overs title

first_imgAN MVP performance from Junior Sinclair, led Lower Corentyne to a commanding 201-run win over Upper Corentyne, dethroning Essequibo, as they were crowned champions yesterday at the Young Warriors ground. Lower Corentyne piled up 366 for 9 thanks to the powerhouse batting order led by Adrian Sukwah, who scored a brilliant 98 before wicketkeeper Jason Sinclair stroked 56 with the younger Junior Sinclair scoring a classy 57.The run fest was too much for Upper Corentyne who could reach only 135-7, after playing with a shortened quota of players.The Veerasammy Permaul-led team were fearless throughout the tournament, handing  defending champions Essequibo their first loss in round 5 before gaining incredible momentum which played a key role in their win.Upper Corentyne opener Alex Algoo continued his fine form hitting a top score of 56 but he found little support as Sinclair returned to bag 4-39, putting a halt to the inevitable chase.Jason Sinclair was given the award for most dismissals in the tournament, ending with 20 dismissals to help his team secure another title within the ranks. (Clifton Ross)last_img read more

Kearns happy to see returns from injury

first_imgThe Premier County travel to take on Waterford in the Munster Senior Championship Quarter-Final.Tipp performed well in Division 3 of the National League, securing their place in the section on the last day of the campaign, although Kearns isn’t sure how those matches will feed into the championship season.Tipp FM will have full live coverage of the match, which gets underway at Fraher Field, Dungarvan, at 3.30pm on Sunday. The Leinster Under 21 hurling championship begins tonight.Westmeath host Kilkenny at Cusack Park, Kildare take on Offaly in Newbridge and Carlow face Laois at Cullen Park.All of those games start at 7.30.last_img